Friday, April 11, 2008

WHO is WinnieHO?


WinnieHO 何芸妮


In the age of 5, I was forced by my music teacher to perform on stage. And thanks to her, I realized that I actually can sing (Hahah^^). I started to compose when I was in secondary school, and actively involved in gigs. In year 2000, I won the championship of '2000 ASTRO Talent Quest' , also a 3rd prize in 'International Chinese Singing Competition'. I didn't make a career in the industry, however. After completed my Bachelor degree in Mass Communication, I started to coach people singing (Oh dear! Unrelated field to what I've studied.), and part-timely yet actively, involved in gigs and singing demo and jingles. One day back in 2005, I decided to further my vocal study in London. One month before I fly to England, I released a demo EP (outrages?? Ya, I know. But that's me!!). 2006, I passed my Diploma in Vocal Performance with a distinction (Thank God! Money wasn't wasted, haha!!). Then back to Malaysia again, continue as a vocal coach. And later, by chance, I became the official vocal coach for the '2007 ASTRO Talent Quest' top 20 finalists. At the same time, doing some backing vocals for various artists from worldwide, such as Sheila Majid (Malaysia Jazz Queen), Johnny Tillotson (USA), YuYa (Taiwan) etc. Meanwhile, apart from teaching, I do gigs on and off. I started off this blog as I wanted to share some singing tips with all of you, who love to sing, and have great passion about music. So, let's rock. Feel free to drop me few lines. Cheers ^^ !!

5 comments:

2V1G said...

yeah, winnie girl, you rock! go and teach the world how to sing!

Anonymous said...

you will soar high, winnie! keep up the soulful, tuneful, melodious singing :-)

1minutefilmreview said...

Wow! Just wow!
Finally you've found the best layout oh! Did I mentioned Nine Inch Nails just released 'Ghosts 1-4' that day? Can get the first 9 tracks download at their site. Trent Reznor's certainly the successor to Radiohead by showing the middle finger to the record label.

Parenthesis In Eternity said...

Hey Winnie! Very glad to see you moving forward, you're going to make a big impact :) Keep going - Sam

Caranthir Narmolanya said...

I remember seeing you in Astro talent quest!!

Man... that was so long ago, but I remember your name!!

When I saw the blog, i thought Winnie... that's really familiar...

You were awesome in the talent quest!! :D

Keep it up, and I'll be sure to check this blog more often! Thanks and all the best!