Tuesday, April 15, 2008

(Malaysia) Irreplaceable Jazz Queen -- Sheila Majid

I bet you all know Sheila Majid, the Jazz Queen of Malaysia (or you might heard her through Rynn Lim 林宇中 song's 'Melody'). Then you'll definitely know this song 'Lagenda' . (OK, then you should be older than 25 ^^, Ha!!) This song is one of my all time favourite. The melody and the lyrics are so well written. Everytime I listen to the song, I get goosebumps.


One day, I received a call from a senior backing vocalist (Lydia, a great mentor of mine), asking me if I would like to sing backing vocals for Sheila Majid. I was extremely surprise and happy (imagine that you're going to work with your idol!!). I postponed all my dates, and reserved the day especially for this legendary diva.

I was freaking nervous when first work with Kak Sheila. She and her band (the crews as well) are so fantastic and professional, yet very humble and nice. I was so much in love working with them *v*.

Everytime she sings, you'll get inspired. You wouldn't find her not connected to the music. The moment she started to sing, you just can't help to keep silent and let her lead you to her world. We've been working together for so many showcases, and 'Lagenda' was sung for uncountable times, still, I feel like crying everytime when I hear she sings.

Check out the titles below (try your luck at Youtube, you will find lots of clip there). You won't regret for doing this!
  1. Antara anyer dan Jakarta (this song made her really famous in Indonesia)
  2. Kerinduan (the dynamic is fantastic)
  3. Ku mohon (you'll cry, trust me)
  4. Gerimis semalam (check the the live version)
  5. Dia (a lovely lively tune)
  6. Kau
  7. Sinaran (most of you will know this ^^)
  8. Shine (the English version of 'Nada', esp for those who dun understand Malay ;p)


1 comment:

maggielurva 愛美姬 said...

http://desirableaudio.blogspot.com/2006/08/mind-blowing-sheila-majid.html

she is my idol as well ;-)